Bethel Heights is a small town located in Benton County, Arkansas. The town has a population of about 2,900 and is nestled among the Ozark Mountains. Bethel Heights was established in 1856 by settlers looking to make their new home in the area
Bethel Heights was not incorporated until 1967 and was annexed by Springdale, in 2020, following a vote in both communities.
The most prominent feature of Bethel Heights is its breathtaking natural beauty. With lush green forests, beautiful rivers, and streams running through it, this little mountain village offers some of the best outdoor experiences.
It’s also known for its rolling hills and sprawling pastures, which provide an ideal setting for hiking or horseback riding adventures with friends or family members!
Bethel Heights stands out as one of Arkansas’s oldest towns due to its historical significance during the Civil War era when Union forces occupied it. At the same time, they fought Confederate troops nearby at Pea Ridge National Military Park (only 15 minutes away).
Local history buffs may recognize names like Donelan’s Mills – named after William Trousdale Donelan, who owned a grist mill here – or Drury-Hudson House Museum – built by James Hudson between 1865-1867 – both landmarks are part of what makes up this charming community today!
Today residents enjoy a relaxed, small-town lifestyle with all the amenities of a larger city nearby. The local economy is dominated by agriculture and tourism as many tourists come to experience Bethel Heights’s natural beauty.
The schools in Bethel Heights are top-notch, an asset for families looking for quality education for their children. With both public and private school options available, there’s something here to meet everyone’s needs!
Local attractions include Pea Ridge National Military Park, where visitors can explore its trails or even visit historic sites like Fort Hindman (also known as Peeler’s Bend), which was used during the Civil War battle at Pea Ridge back in 1862; Ozark Mountain Heritage Museum, which provides insight into the area history; Beaver Lake which offers watersports activities such as fishing and boating; White Rock Mountain Wildlife Management Area – great spot if you’re interested in a game hunt – plus plenty more outdoor recreation opportunities abound throughout this community too!
Bethel Heights has much to offer those who choose it as home. From its stunning mountain views and peaceful pastures, vast amounts of recreational activities (for people of all ages!), educational institutions that focus on providing students quality learning experiences – not forgetting about how close it is to neighboring cities and attractions – this small town is definitely worth a visit!
Things You Must Do When You Visit Bethel Heights, Arkansas
- Visit Pea Ridge National Military Park – Explore its trails and visit historic sites like Fort Hindman (also known as Peeler’s Bend).
- Check out the Ozark Mountain Heritage Museum – An insight into area history.
- Enjoy a day at Beaver Lake – Watersports activities such as fishing, boating, or swimming are available here!
- Spend some time in White Rock Mountain Wildlife Management Area – Whether you’re interested in bird watching or game hunting, this spot is great for outdoor enthusiasts alike!
- Take a Hike Up Morley Hill For Panoramic Views Of The Surroundings – A perfect way to take full advantage of Bethel Heights’ natural beauty!
- Sample The Famous Bethel Heights Barbecue – You won’t want to miss out on this local delicacy!
- Visit Local Farms and Vineyards – From dairy farms to wineries, there is something here for all tastes!
- Shop Around At Old Town Plaza – Boutiques, eateries, and more make for a perfect day trip!
- Catch a Show at Local Theater – Check out what’s playing at the local theater for an evening of culture and entertainment!
- Attend Events At The Bethel Heights Community Center – From concerts to food festivals, this is one of the best places to get involved with in-town activities!
Fun Facts About Bethel Heights, Arkansas
- Bethel Heights is located in Benton County, Arkansas.
- The town has a population of about 2,900 and is nestled among the Ozark Mountains.
- The first white settler was Nelson Hewitt in 1856, joined by John Fitzgerald in 1858 and by Thomas Beasley in 1859.
- Its most prominent feature is its breathtaking natural beauty, with lush green forests and rolling hills that provide an ideal setting for outdoor recreation activities like hiking or horseback riding!
- Local attractions include Pea Ridge National Military Park, Ozark Mountain Heritage Museum, Beaver Lake White Rock Mountain Wildlife Management Area plus more!
- The economy here is dominated by agriculture and tourism as many tourists come to experience its unique outdoor experiences.
- The median age for Bethel Heights residents is 28.6 years young.
Bethel Heights, Arkansas, is a small town with a big heart. Its historical significance during the Civil War era, an abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities, and all-around charm make it an ideal destination for those looking for a peaceful rural retreat.
From its rolling hills and lush forests to local attractions like Pea Ridge National Military Park or Ozark Mountain Heritage Museum, something here appeals to everyone!
Whether you’re visiting Bethel Heights as part of your vacation plans or considering relocating here permanently – this little mountain village will quickly become one of your favorite places in no time!