History of Bethel Heights
In 1856 a man by the name of Nelson Hewitt became the first settler of what would become Bethel Heights. In 1881 the Frisco Railroad ran a rail line that connected Bethel Heights, Lowell and Springdale.
Citizens of Bethel Heights filed a petition with the courts of Benton County in June 1967. The property owners believed if they were not incorporated they stood the chance that Springdale would attempt to annex their lands. There were 31 property owners that filed an intervention asking to be deleted from the incorporated area. Benton County Judge Sherman Kinyon ruled that to exclude the properties would leave a corridor through the center of Bethel Heights and islands of unincorporated lands with-in the city. On June 27, 1967 Judge Sherman Kinyon approved the incorporation of Bethel Heights. Official documentation was signed on August 9, 1967 by Judge Kinyon with no lands excluded incorporating the town of Bethel Heights.
In 2010 when the city population reached beyond 2000 citizens the City of Bethel Heights became a second-class city. The city boundaries cover 2.5 square miles.